Your local Tweed Coast Builder, Dwell Building Services always puts the highest level of effort, quality and attention to detail into everything we do, including accurate quoting of construction projects through to our comprehensive building proposals.
We provide a personalised, transparent service with our building proposals that gives you confidence and certainty that your project will be completed to the highest of standards, on time and on budget.
So What Is Involved?
When building a custom home or completing a renovation, it requires a one-off detailed quote that is tailored to your one-of-a-kind home. Your custom home is not like a project home that is replicated hundreds of times, nor should it be approached the same way.
Depending on what stage of planning you’re at and what documentation you have obtained will determine the remaining steps of the pre-construction and quoting process and how Dwell Building Services can assist. Have you already obtained plans from an architect, designer, engineering etc for Dwell Building Services to price the works? Depending on the construction documentation you have dictates where we go and the costs associated.
- Analysis of plans, existing plans and construction documentation
- Site visit to meet with clients: this meeting will discuss the details, requirement timeframes, constraints if applicable, budget and assess the environment
- Budget and project feasibility: this includes organising approximate costings for the “project total” so you can work out your actual build cost
- Consult with the relevant professionals and develop construction documentation as required: The architect/designer, engineer and certifier will be consulted at this time
Then the actual quoting process begins:
- Contact the relevant trades and material suppliers for their pricing, negotiating accordingly
- Develop a timeline of events to understand project duration
- Quantify expected hours on the job, labour costs and assess insurance requirements
- Provide a fully detailed Building Proposal
- Refine the inclusions and exclusions to ensure the end product matches your vision and budget
We then provide comprehensive construction details. This will include a project price, detailed scope, scheduled start date, timeline of evens and progress payment schedule.
On acceptance, we will produce a Housing Industry Australia (HIA) approved Fixed Price Contract.
We will provide the above in a timely manner and will maintain communication throughout.
Our proposals are transparent and detailed and we take the time to go through all costs with you in detail. To provide this high level of service, we require payment of a nominal fee which includes a consultation to review and answer any questions you may have. It is worth highlighting that this fee will be deducted from the final construction contract price if you choose to build with Dwell Building Services. Read More HERE on the value of having a Contract
The fee charged will be dependent on the estimated length and complexity of the job. For example, a small renovation project could cost around $800. An architecturally designed home with plans supplied would generally cost around $2,500.
Is there an alternative to this model?
Yes, we do provide an alternative which is “the normal builders quote”…an Estimate which involves a price per square metre. This practice often leads to unnecessary variations, disappointment and disputes during construction, not to mention extension of the construction period, costing more time and money than the per square metre figure allowed for.
As your reliable Tweed Coast Builder, we are giving you something that you can take to the bank.
We can assure you that engaging Dwell Building Services in the preliminary stages (and beyond) will add value to your whole construction process. Our knowledge and expertise, from planning to project handover is proven and you will find that your investment will pay dividends as our procedures and systems are well practiced and very thorough.